Legacy can help you decide which choice is best for you. There are PROS and CONS to both methods:
Shipping to the Advanced Warehouse – PROS:
- Your shipment will receive priority delivery to show site
- If properties are coming from a previous show, Advanced allows free storage for 30 days. This eliminates having to send freight back or to a storage facility and shipping it out a second time – less handling and less cost.
- You can schedule your labor start time knowing your booth should be there
Shipping to the Advanced Warehouse – CONS:
- Drayage rates can be higher because of double handling
- Higher risk of damage because of double handling
- Less prep time before show
- No pad wrapped or loose freight can be sent to the Advanced Warehouse
Shipping Direct to Show Site – PROS:
- Interstate shipments utilizing Unigroup Logistics/Legacy Transportation will not incur waiting time charges!
- Less handling of freight so less chance of damage
- More prep time before show
- Can ship pad wrapped and loose freight direct to show site
- Drayage rates can be lower without double handling
Shipping Direct to Show Site – CONS:
- No guaranteed delivery time to your booth site so it’s more difficult to schedule labor, because wait time can be very difficult to predict
- Wait time fees can vary drastically and cannot be planned in advance (note: wait fee is waived on interstate shipments using Unigroup Logistics/Legacy Transportation)
Contact a Legacy customer service rep at 800-297-0990 to help you decide which option is best for your company, your show and shipment.